You can apply today to attend the next Intensive with no commitment.
You will join the UEC Institute faculty team and a dynamic cohort of community leaders from across North America (and possibly around the world) in this five-session program.
Individuals or teams from your organization may apply to attend an online or on-site Intensive, or both. The Intensive training will benefit individuals who plan to enact change in their community. We have learned, further, that the impact of a team participating in this training offers opportunities to realize more rapid progress.
Your application ensures a spot in an upcoming 5-session Intensive. Each online session runs 90 minutes. Recordings of each session will be available to registered participants.
You can register today to secure your space. Bring your team members, community supporters, and funding partners.
Dates and times (tentative) of our next online Intensive (Thursdays in March, 2023):
- March 2, 2023, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 9, 2023, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 16, 2023, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 23, 2023, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 30, 2023, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
Topics of the online sessions will include selected topic from the following list. ALL topics are covered in the hybrid/on-site Intensive!
- Opening circle and goal setting
- Outreach with Intention: Enacting Principles of Equity, Dignity, Justice
- Systems change in urban ecology: Inferences and Improvisation
- Finding abundance in your community
- Introduction to Board Structure and Board Evolution
- The Urban Ecology Center Business Model and Fundraising Keys
- Defining Partnerships: Panel of Community Leaders
- Fundraising and Collaboration: A Case Study
- Brownfield Restoration Case Study
- Volunteerism in Action
- Research and Community Science
- Land Stewardship
- Understanding Operations through Community-based Development
- Program Planning with a Design Lens
- Facilities Planning with a Design Lens
- Marketing the Mission
- Program Planning with an Eye to Evaluation
- Inner Work of Leadership
Format of our sessions
Each session includes interactive presentations from the Institute faculty team. As we guide you through lessons drawn from our experiences, you will reflect on case studies that can apply directly to your own community. At regular intervals, you will engage in conversation with other participants in break-out groups. You are building a cohort in this Intensive—facilitated by our team—leading to lasting relationships with emerging and established leaders in other cities.
Additional online activites include optional Q & A sessions, reading assignments, and individualized feedback on written reflections. The activities culminate in an self assessment of your current project planning process, which will allow us to help you evaluate next steps in your community. Every participant (individually or as part of their team) will have a follow-up hour of coaching with Institute leadership.
$400 per participant, includes a copy of Urban Ecology mailed to you (U.S. only), one-year membership in the Intensive Cohort Network, access to course materials, additional Q & A sessions, and a coaching session for participants who complete the Intensive to qualify.
Come join us as we co-create a better world!
The Urban Ecology Center™ Institute is an effort to share the model developed in Milwaukee. With three distinct branches in Milwaukee, the UEC connects people in cities to nature and each other.