You can apply today to attend a future Intensive, with no commitment.
Your application allows us to determine priority for scholarship funding. Participation also makes you eligible for discounts on an on-site tour.
You will join the UEC Institute faculty team and a dynamic cohort of community leaders from across North America (and possibly around the world) in this five-session program.
Individuals or teams from your organization may apply. The Intensive will benefit individuals who plan to enact change in their community. We have learned, however, that the impact of a team participating in this training offers opportunities to realize more rapid progress.
Your application ensures a spot in an upcoming 5-session Intensive
Dates and times (Thursdays in March):
- March 3, 2022, 12 NOON EST (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 10, 2022, 12 NOON EST (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 17, 2022, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 24, 2022, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
- March 31, 2022, 12 NOON EDT (11 AM in Milwaukee)
Topics will include
- Opening circle and goal setting
- Outreach with Intention: Enacting Principles of Equity, Dignity, Justice
- Systems change in urban ecology: Inferences and Improvisation
- Finding abundance in your community
- Introduction to Board Structure and Board Evolution
- The Urban Ecology Center Business Model and Fundraising Keys
- Defining Partnerships: Panel of Community Leaders
- Fundraising and Collaboration: A Case Study
- Brownfield Restoration Case Study
- Volunteerism in Action
- Research and Community Science
- Land Stewardship
- Understanding Operations through Community-based Development
- Program Planning with a Design Lens
- Facilities Planning with a Design Lens
- Marketing the Mission
- Program Planning with an Eye to Evaluation
- Inner Work of Leadership
Format of our sessions
Each session will be 90 minutes long, with interactive presentations from the Institute faculty team. As we guide you through lessons drawn from our experiences, you will reflect on case studies that can apply directly to your own community. At regular intervals, you will engage in conversation with other participants in break-out groups. You are building a cohort in this Intensive—facilitated by our team—leading to lasting relationships with emerging and established leaders in other cities.
Weekly activites include optional Q & A sessions, reading assignments, and individualized feedback on written reflections. The activities culminate in an self assessment of your current project planning process, which will allow us to help you evaluate next steps in your community. Every participant (individually or as part of their team) will have a follow-up hour of coaching with Institute leadership.
Pricing for the online Intensive
We offer this online Intensive for individuals at a full price rate of $1,200. Reduced rates are available if you apply as part of a group of three or more team members. We also offer a limited number of partial scholarships (up to 50% for individuals who qualify).
Apply today to get the best rate!
Participants in the online Intensive will also be eligible for a discounted on-site tour as early as fall 2021. Apply now for more details.
Come join us as we co-create a better world!
The Urban Ecology Center Institute is an effort to share the model developed in Milwaukee. With three distinct branches in Milwaukee, the UEC connects people in cities to nature and each other.